Avoid Costly Water Damage with Expert Help in Canoga Park
Canoga Park Residents Rely on SERVPRO for Water Damage Restoration
Whenever water infiltrates your Canoga Park home, the last thing you should do is wait to see if DIY methods alone will do the job. There is a timeline for water damage, where it not only migrates into dry spaces, but you also have to worry about materials degradation and black mold development. SERVPRO is there to ensure you have the rapid water cleanup you need to bring your interior back to pre-water loss condition, “Like it never even happened.”
Whether you have water damage in Canoga Park from a clean water source or experiencing black water from storm flooding, we have crews on standby to begin the assessment and cleanup. Give our customer care center a call, 24-hours a day, seven days a week, and we can mobilize our Green Fleet to your door within hours to get started.
What Type of Water is Present for Removal/Drying?
Three categories of water could impact your property. The type of water event that occurs determines the protocols and equipment our water restoration technicians (WRT) use to execute the job.
- Category 1 – these are clean water events from spills and emergencies inside the home. Water may come from burst pipes, a slow piping leak, or a faulty appliance such as your water heater or a dishwasher supply line.
- Category 2 – these are gray water events coming from water with light contamination, including your dishwasher, bathtub overflows, washing machines, etc.
- Category 3 – these are black water events that include highly contaminated water. Fluids for cleanup in a black water situation may consist of flooding, sewage backup, and water that comes into contact with chemicals and other contaminants during the event.
With any category 3 water removal situation, we initiate safety protocols to keep our team and residents safe. Not only do we eliminate any safety hazards from the worksite, but we also gather the necessary personal protective equipment to wear. This includes rubber gloves, boots, full-body suits, eye protection, and respirators.
- Should water damage be from black water, our IICRC-certified technicians will remove any saturated carpet and the padding below to dispose of it.
- We may dispose of the carpet padding in a gray water situation and determine if the carpeting can get salvaged using specialized cleaning and drying techniques.
Drying is an Integral Part of Any Water Cleanup Project
As water extraction begins, we formulate a plan for our drying goal. We do this by measuring the humidity in the air, taking readings to determine moisture content, and factoring in the number of dehumidifiers and air movers we need to reach our goals. Airflow is critical for any restoration project, and effectively drying your structure means understanding the best techniques for airflow for the drying process.
Throughout the water restoration job, our team adjusts the equipment placement, adding or subtracting as we go to get the correct humidity levels for optimum drying. We may also remove baseboards to handle any water trapped behind walls in certain situations.
Let Our Contents Cleaning Team Get to Work
Whenever your belongings have been impacted by water intrusion, you need everything dried and cleaned accordingly. Not only do we offer pack-out services to move items off-site for safekeeping during the restoration, but we also take the time to clean and dry anything that the water touched. When we get done, everything gets moved back into place.
SERVPRO of Canoga Park / West Hills can be reached by dialing (818) 998-1500. We are here around the clock for rapid water damage assistance.