Address Mold Damage with Precision in Canoga Park
Trust SERVPRO’s Mold Damage Restoration Techniques in Canoga Park
Once you spot visible mold in your Canoga Park property, you know it needs to get removed fast. However, it would help to remember that not all mold development is obvious, and it can be challenging to detect in some areas that are harder to reach. Some property owners may not notice black mold until they detect musty smells or a new renovation project uncovers mold infestation. These are some of the many reasons it is best to hire a skilled team like SERVPRO to handle your mold remediation project.
Why is it time to think about hiring SERVPRO for suspected mold damage in Canoga Park? Mishandling the damaged area can dislodge the spores and cause infestation elsewhere. Hiring a skilled crew to address any alleged mold within your building will get you the results you need – Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!
How to Proceed if You Suspect Mold Growth Within Your Home or Business
Did you know that we get exposed to various types of mold spores daily – both indoors and outside? However, you still need trained mold remediation technicians to handle a mold issue so that you can get everything done as efficiently and safely as possible. Contact SERVPRO if you notice the following:
- You smell musty, mold-like odors but cannot visibly see mold or a moisture problem.
- You spot mold colonization within your workplace or home. Large or small, any area should have a mold inspection followed by a detailed plan for cleanup and sanitizing.
- You noticed a moisture problem or water leak that seems it may have been going on for a while.
Mold spreads rapidly in the right environment and with enough moisture. It can turn into various colonies throughout your property before you know it. Once mold spreads, it can damage your home’s foundation, structural elements, building materials, and belongings. To make it even worse, mold can spread fast into multiple zones of your home and still go undetected without professional intervention.
Why SERVPRO Versus DIY Removals?
There is no such thing as total mold removal, as there are always spores everywhere we go. A DIY project is not a good idea because you can unsettle the spores and subject yourself to inhalation and other forms of exposure. SERVPRO arrives on your property with personal protective equipment and all the best mold remediation techniques to help you return your building to pre-mold infestation condition.
While all mold damage calls are unique given the cause and design of your building, SERVPRO still follows protocols for mold remediation, which includes:
- Emergency contact to mobilize our team to your property
- Detailed inspection and assessment of mold damage (testing by professionals may be required)
- Mold containment using barriers and negative air pressure
- Air filtration with powerful HEPA filters
- Removal of all mold-infested materials
- Cleaning all belongings and contents
- Complete cleanup, sanitizing, and deodorizing using EPA-registered antimicrobials and other products
It is important to note that before mold cleanup can begin, we must address the source of moisture or water – otherwise, the mold problem may come right back. We will also take the time to ensure no mold is festering within your ductwork that could end up circulating throughout your property once the HVAC system comes on.
When it comes to any mold damage suspected in your home or business, SERVPRO of Canoga Park / West Hills is the team to call. You can reach us at any time by dialing (818) 998-1500.